[yocto-ab] Terminology - Some draft definitions

Ed Nash ed.nash at timesys.com
Mon May 16 11:41:59 PDT 2011

On 05/16/2011 01:06 PM, Richard Purdie wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-05-16 at 11:08 -0500, Mike Woster wrote:
>> John, Mark, Ed are spot on - as was discussed in the December meeting,
>> the positioning will not compete with commercial solutions but rather
>> lend to them.   From all my discussions with Tier 1 OEMs in telco,
>> switching, consumer electronics,  the require commercial integration,
>> testing, validation, and additional value added service.
>>

>> Feel free to suggest some language here and let's get it right.

For my suggestion, I've cut and pasted Richard's words into this (have
at it :)

The Yocto Project is a community under the leadership of the Linux
Foundation dedicated to making Linux on "embedded" platforms succeed by
providing an integrated and consistent set of components including:

* Poky build system
* Kernel Tooling
* Pseudo
* Swabber
* ADT IDE plugins (Eclipse)
* Image Creator UI

as well as anything else that can further that objective.