[yocto-ab] Terminology - Some draft definitions

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Mon May 16 10:06:50 PDT 2011

On Mon, 2011-05-16 at 11:08 -0500, Mike Woster wrote:
> John, Mark, Ed are spot on - as was discussed in the December meeting,
> the positioning will not compete with commercial solutions but rather
> lend to them.   From all my discussions with Tier 1 OEMs in telco,
> switching, consumer electronics,  the require commercial integration,
> testing, validation, and additional value added service.
>

> Feel free to suggest some language here and let's get it right.

To clarify, what I was trying to indicate is that we're providing strong
foundations which companies can build commercial solutions on top of.
Competing with commercial solutions isn't intended at all.

As Mike says, lets get the language right (which is why we're having
this discussion).

Cheers,

Richard