[poky] [meta] live image booting pauses with 'waiting for removable media' on Krogoth

Tan, Raymond raymond.tan at intel.com
Tue Sep 20 05:59:38 PDT 2016

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the suggestion. However, I'm running with initrd, thus I'm using root=/dev/ram0.
After some debugging today, I found out that the mount.sh script was indeed called with the add event fired from "udevadm trigger --action=add",
but the failure happened due to the condition [ -n "$ID_FS_TYPE" -o "$media_type" = "cdrom" ]  is not satisfied.

I'm getting blank for $ID_FS_TYPE udev property on /dev/hda. I tested by changing the overall IF logic to the following:

            if [ "$ACTION" = "add" ] && [ -n "$DEVNAME" ]; then

And the rebuilt live image is booting up fine. With the image booted, I rechecked the ID_FS_TYPE property of the drive in both Krogoth and Jethro image,
I'm getting different results. In Krogoth, there's no property with ID_FS_TYPE at all with " udevadm info -q all -n /dev/hda ". But if I'm using blkid to get
fs type, I'm able to get the vfat type from it.

I checked the changes on udev from Jethro to Krogoth, I noticed that udev was replaced with eudev, could this be the implementation varies between them?

Warm Regards,

 Raymond Tan