[poky] [meta] live image booting pauses with 'waiting for removable media' on Krogoth

Robert Yang liezhi.yang at windriver.com
Tue Sep 20 02:01:40 PDT 2016

On 09/19/2016 09:52 PM, Tan, Raymond wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> While booting live image with core-image-sato.hddimg, the boot stalls with the message "waiting for removable media".
> If I set "debugshell" in the kernel boot parameter, after the default 30 seconds sleep to wait for mounted device, I will get the error "Cannot find rootfs.img file in /run/media/*, dropping to shell".
>
> If I edit the init-live.sh to manually mount the /dev/hda drive, the boot will complete successfully. It seems that the udev isn't mounting the /dev/hda.

Try to edit the boot menu when starting boot, for grub, press "e", for
syslinux, press "tab", IIRC. Then change root=/dev/foo to root=/dev/hdaX,
It is root=/dev/sda2 by default ? If you can't boot it, does your kernel
support scsi drive ? Or you can set ROOT_VM = "root=/dev/hdaX" in local.conf
and rebuild the image.

// Robert