[poky] When SRCREV is set to AUTOREV, what triggers (re-)fetching?

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Fri Sep 2 07:35:06 PDT 2016

On Fri, 2016-09-02 at 10:08 -0400, Evade Flow wrote:
> > Add ${SRCPV} to your PV (see various recipes in oe-core for
> examples), then it’ll know to re-run the tasks when srcrev changes.
>
> Thanks for confirming that this is 'supposed' to work, that's great
> news! Actually, I've already included SRCPV in PV. Here's my recipe,
> shorn of comments and an uninteresting do_install_append() function:

You don't have BB_SRCREV_POLICY set to cache anywhere do you? It
defaults to clear which is what you want...

Does "rm tmp/cache -r" 'fix' make it see new revisions? Knowing that
would at least help track down the kind of problem you're seeing.

What does the full PV look like after expansion? Does it contain an
older truncated SRCREV ?

Cheers,

Richard