[poky] When SRCREV is set to AUTOREV, what triggers (re-)fetching?

Evade Flow evadeflow at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 07:08:24 PDT 2016

> Add ${SRCPV} to your PV (see various recipes in oe-core for examples),
then it’ll know to re-run the tasks when srcrev changes.

Thanks for confirming that this is 'supposed' to work, that's great news!
Actually, I've already included SRCPV in PV. Here's my recipe, shorn of
comments and an uninteresting do_install_append() function:

```
LICENSE = "proprietary"
LIC_FILES_CHKSUM =
"file://LICENSE;md5=cbbd27594afd089daa160d3a16dd515a"

PR = "r1"

SRCREV = "${AUTOREV}"
PVBASE := "${PV}"
FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend := "${THISDIR}/${PN}-${PVBASE}:"
PV = "${PVBASE}+${SRCPV}"

SRC_URI = "git://
10.226.155.208/evadeflow/myprog.git;protocol=http;user=myusername:mypassword
"

DEPENDS += "boost taglib gstreamer rtl-sdr libusb1"
RDEPENDS_${PN} += "bash rtl-sdr taglib"

S = "${WORKDIR}/git/src"
INSANE_SKIP_${PN} += "dev-deps installed-vs-shipped"

inherit cmake
EXTRA_OECMAKE = "-DWITH_TESTS=OFF -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr"

PACKAGES = "${PN}-dbg ${PN}"
```

I've followed the examples I could find to the best of my ability, but what
I'm seeing is: bitbake never bothers to check whether the `HEAD` revision
has changed, no matter how many commits I push to upstream. I'm really not
sure where to begin troubleshooting this. Since I don't have a better idea,
I guess I'll blow away my cache entirely and start from a clean build.
(Brute force FTW! `:-])

Anybody see what I might be doing wrong?