[poky] Adding Packages

Darren Hart dvhart at linux.intel.com
Thu Feb 3 08:29:13 PST 2011

On 02/03/2011 03:54 AM, Akshat Saha wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I want to meta/packages/psplash package to my rfs. I
> compiled poky-image-minimal-live, with the following command
>
> $ bitbake poky-image-minimal-live
>
> Can any one guide me, how...?

There are a few ways to go about this I'm sure. What I've done is either:

1) Create a layer with .bbappend for the image
2) Create your own image recipe

For example, the following recipes create a new image,
poky-image-dvhart (as well as a live version), and add dropbear,
trace-cmd, and kernelshark to the list of packages installed.

$ cat poky-image-dvhart.bb
#
# Copyright (C) 2010 Intel Corporation.
#
require recipes-core/images/poky-image-minimal.bb
IMAGE_INSTALL += "dropbear trace-cmd kernelshark"
LICENSE = "MIT"

$ cat poky-image-dvhart-live.bb
DESCRIPTION = "Bootable Live Image"
require recipes-core/images/poky-image-live.inc
LABELS += "boot install"
ROOTFS = "${DEPLOY_DIR_IMAGE}/poky-image-dvhart-${MACHINE}.ext3"
LICENSE = "MIT"
do_bootimg[depends] += "poky-image-dvhart:do_rootfs"

--
Darren Hart
Intel Open Source Technology Center