[meta-xilinx] Kernel version, xilinx git repo, yocto kernel

Mike Looijmans mike.looijmans at topic.nl
Tue Apr 9 22:39:34 PDT 2019

On 07-04-19 11:41, Arno Steffens wrote:
> In fact, I think I have difficulties with glitches on the bus, but changes at the boards are much more expensive and time consuming - so I'll try to get a better stability with that gpio-bitbang driver.
>
> Thanks Mike, especially for the hints with devicetree. Are this GPIO numbers are same as MIO-Pin-numbers? I found that the base-include for zynq has been changed completly (at least in my eyes), so it will take some time to adapt it to a new kernel.
> I created a new bitstream (IO set to GPIO instead of I2C) and (not sure whether it is required) a new fsbl.  I don't need I2c in Uboot, but I am wondering where this gets information about it. Including driver in kernel is smallest issue. So altogether this becomes quite a project for me ;) but I hope I learn a lot with that. Did all this steps just once or twice some time ago.

GPIO and MIO pin numbers are the same.

The bitstream has no efect whatsoever on the MIO pins (Xilinx is very unclear
about this), so there's no need to change it.

The "pinmux" settings let the kernel change the pin assignments, so there is
also no need to alter the bootloader. On the 7-series at least the bootloader
only needs enough to boot the system, the kernel can configure everything else.