[meta-xilinx] How do I generate core-image-minimal-<machine name>.cpio.gz.u-boot

Nathan Rossi nathan at nathanrossi.com
Wed May 20 04:58:34 PDT 2015

On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 9:39 PM, SMITH Peter T <peter.t.smith at alstom.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Excuse the beginners question, but how do I instruct the build system to
> generate core-image-minimal-<machine name>.cpio.gz.u-boot? I understand that
> I can alter IMAGE_FSTYPES to add cpio.gz? Is it as simple as adding
> cpio.gz.uboot?

Hi Peter,

By default all the machine configs in meta-xilinx generate the
.cpio.gz.u-boot (or any machine that includes the
machine-xilinx-default.inc).

To manually configure Yocto to build the cpio.gz.u-boot images the
following two variables need to be set similar to the following.

IMAGE_FSTYPES ?= "tar.gz cpio cpio.gz.u-boot"
IMAGE_CLASSES += "image_types_uboot"

Regards,
Nathan