[meta-xilinx] PetaLinux Yocto Build

Harold Lapprich hlapprich at pixel-velocity.com
Wed Mar 11 07:21:03 PDT 2015

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for the quick response it is greatly appreciated.

The AVNET BSP petalinux boot prompt states it is Yocto 1.6 Daisy but it has none of the recipes so this claim appears to be false.

Answering the following question:

"Technically it does not matter which Zynq-7000 chip you are using as the programmable silicon is consistent across the models. It is the board that is generally configured differently, I assume you are asking this question due to the four SKUs for the picoZed (7010, 7015, 7020, 7030)?"

Yes I am asking because of the 4 SKUs. Very familiar with the Xilinx Zynq chips from both a FPGA and Vivado/SDK development point of view. Have worked Linux for years but Yocto is new to me and I've been doing a lot of reading and 'canned' builds.

If I read between the lines of your response your saying all the Zynq builds are identical from the Zynq-Arm view point but the deviceTree is unique due to the board hardware specifics?

If the build is unique due to the board specifics can I take a kernel + rootfs from one Yocto ARM build and add a deviceTree for a specific board to get the desire operational functionality?

The u-boot is a unique piece of the puzzle due to it being tied to some of the kernel build specifics (i.e., memory size, types of memory and etc) and has to reflect these kernel build attributes?

Thanks,
Harold