[meta-xilinx] PetaLinux Yocto Build

Nathan Rossi nathan.rossi at xilinx.com
Tue Mar 10 18:46:31 PDT 2015

So let's clear up your confusion. BSPs that are provided for PetaLinux are not Yocto BSPs, and PetaLinux does not interoperate with Yocto (in any way). PetaLinux does however use a Root Filesystem that is pre-built by Yocto. >From a functional use stand point PetaLinux has nothing to do with Yocto, and Yocto has nothing to do with PetaLinux.

> Can you point me to a version of PetaLinux in the Yocto repository that
> does make use of standard Yocto directives and supports the Xilinx 7z7030
> (currently supports ZC702:7z020 and ZC706:7z045)?
>

> Have found what I believe to be the PetaLinux Yocto formal support
> information at https://github.com/Xilinx/meta-xilinx.

In terms of Yocto support, meta-xilinx is what you are after for Xilinx architectures (including Zynq). There is board support for the ZC702 and ZC706 available (and picoZed is planned for the upcoming release).

> Would you please tell me what MACHINE to use in build/conf/local.conf file
> that supports the Xilinx 7z030?

Technically it does not matter which Zynq-7000 chip you are using as the programmable silicon is consistent across the models. It is the board that is generally configured differently, I assume you are asking this question due to the four SKUs for the picoZed (7010, 7015, 7020, 7030)?

Regards,
Nathan