[meta-xilinx] linux-xlnx from certain tag

Mike Looijmans mike.looijmans at topic.nl
Tue Jul 14 23:48:11 PDT 2015

On 14-07-15 23:32, Richard Cagley wrote:
> I'd like to use a particular git tag with fido
>
> In the recipes I see a -dev so if I add this to my local.conf
> SRCREV ?= "7e86d869f14bcc57fab42801ad27d501847f4391"

That won't work, it would set a default SRCREV for ALL packages. And since a
default already exists, it will just not do anything at all.

Try this:

SRCREV_pn-linux-xlnx-dev = "7e86d869f14bcc57fab42801ad27d501847f4391"

> PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/kernel = "linux-xlnx-dev"
> I get
> ERROR: Multiple .bb files are due to be built which each provide virtual/kernel

If it persists, just remove the "other" kernel recipe, and bitbake will tell
you what is causing it to be built.

> what is the proper way to achieve my goal of using a particular kernel
> within the meta-xilinx meta layer?

Create your own overlay layer and bbappend the kernel recipe(s) in that. You
probably are going to create your own layer anyway, to build your own image(s)
and application(s).

Kind regards,

Mike Looijmans
System Expert