[meta-xilinx] linux-xlnx from certain tag

Nathan Rossi nathan at nathanrossi.com
Wed Jul 15 02:36:09 PDT 2015

On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 7:32 AM, Richard Cagley <rcagley at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd like to use a particular git tag with fido
>
> In the recipes I see a -dev so if I add this to my local.conf
> SRCREV ?= "7e86d869f14bcc57fab42801ad27d501847f4391"
> PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/kernel = "linux-xlnx-dev"
>
> I get
> ERROR: Multiple .bb files are due to be built which each provide virtual/kernel
>
> what is the proper way to achieve my goal of using a particular kernel
> within the meta-xilinx meta layer?

Without full context that error looks odd. Make sure you are not
trying to build "linux-xlnx" as a dependency or directly on the
command line, instead use 'virtual/kernel'.

There might also be something else going on to cause the issue you are
seeing. To clarify how to use the linux-xlnx-dev recipe the way you
are after you will want to make your SRCREV setting very specific.
Also if you want to use a branch other than master-next.

SRCREV_pn-linux-xlnx-dev = "<REV HERE>"
KBRANCH_pn-linux-xlnx-dev = "<BRANCH HERE>"
PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/kernel = "linux-xlnx-dev"

One thing to note is that the commit must exist on a branch otherwise
the git fetcher will not be able to retrieve the commit id. (some of
the tags in the linux-xlnx repo are orphaned/not on a branch so be
careful)

Regards,
Nathan