[meta-xilinx] BOOT.BIN creation with hdf files

Magnus Olsson Mago at hms.se
Thu Jul 9 23:47:11 PDT 2015

I can only speak for meta-xilinx dizzy branch which is what I use, but AFAIK the only boot.bin generation it supports is the one provided by u-boot-xlnx.

With meta-xilinx, your boot.bin will contain U-boot SPL and nothing else. You can then load FPGA images from U-boot (e.g your fpga.bit). U-boot SPL only needs ps7_init.c and ps7_init.h to build.

If you need to load the FPGA earlier than U-boot in your boot sequence, you need to package boot.bin using the Xilinx SDK tool "bootgen". It allows packaging FSBL, FPGA image and U-boot. AFAIK there is no support for this in meta-xilinx, since it brings in a huge dependency on Xilinx SDK which is not easy to package (nor possible due to licenses I think).