[meta-xilinx] AMP using Yocto meta-xilinx

Edward Wingate edwingate8 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 15:53:51 PST 2015

I created a fragment that configures the linux-xlnx kernel to allow AMP:
CONFIG_HIGHMEM=y
CONFIG_VMSPLIT_2G=y
CONFIG_ZYNQ_REMOTEPROC=m
CONFIG_RPMSG_OMX=m
CONFIG_RPMSG_FREERTOS_STAT=m
(These kernel config settings are based on the ug978 AMP guide.)

The bitbake command succeeded and after booting the new kernel, I
attempted to release the 2nd CPU from Linux with:
modprobe zynq_remoteproc

But this resulted in:
modprobe: module zynq_remoteproc not found in modules.dep

And when I looked at /lib/modules/3.14.2-xilinx/modules.dep, the file
is empty (zero length) and there are no modules in the directory
either.  I would think at least some modules would be present in the
distribution, if not the one I want.

In log.do_install for linux-xlnx, I do see the following (among many others):
INSTALL drivers/remoteproc/zynq_remoteproc.ko

And I do see the module in the poky build image directory:
./poky/build/tmp/work/<architecture>/linux-xlnx/3.14-xilinx+git2b48a8aeea7367359f9eebe55c4a09a05227f32b-r0/image/lib/modules/3.14.2-xilinx/kernel/drivers/remoteproc/zynq_remoteproc.ko

And zynq_remoteproc.ko is listed in
./poky/build/tmp/work/<architecture>/linux-xlnx/3.14-xilinx+git2b48a8aeea7367359f9eebe55c4a09a05227f32b-r0/image/lib/modules/3.14.2-xilinx/modules.order
as well.

Why didn't the module make it to the image?  I didn't see any obvious
errors in the log.do_deploy or log.do_package either.  Is there
another log I can check?

Thanks,
Edward