[meta-xilinx] bitbake hanging on task 1138

jascase901 . jasface901 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 17:46:23 PDT 2014

Hi,
I'm using the daisy branch of meta-xilinx and it hangs on task 1138
when I run bitbake core-image-minimal.

This was my process.
"""
 mkdir zynq7
 cd zynq7

 git clone git://git.openembedded.org/bitbake
 git clone -b daisy git://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core
 git clone -b daisy git://github.com/Xilinx/meta-xilinx
 git clone -b daisy git://github.com/openembedded/meta-oe

cd oe-core
. ./oe-init-build-env ../build ../bitbake

changed this line in build/conf/bblayers.conf
BBLAYERS ?= " \
<path>/zynq7/openembedded-core/meta \
<path>/zynq7/meta-xilinx \
"
changed this line in build/conf/local.conf
MACHINE ??= "zedboard-zynq7"

bitbake core-image-minimal
"""
It was stuck on task 1138 for 2 hours, and my build directory was 12
gb by the time I cancelled it, any idea why this is happening

Thanks,
Jason