[meta-virtualization] LXC yocto - how to auto load and execute on QEMU

M. Asselstine asselsm at mcmaster.ca
Tue Sep 4 10:18:28 PDT 2018

On Mon, Sep 3, 2018 at 2:06 PM, Sarayu Sivanandam <sarayu at m5nv.com> wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> I was able to see that the meta-virtualization layer has a recipe for LXC
> and the same is included in my bblayers conf file and the lxc rpm is
> generated . I was able to build the fsl-virt image and bring up my qemu as
> well . But i want to now be able to test lxc on my qemu setup. I was able to
> enable networking and transfer the rpm generated for lxc (
> lxc-1.1.4-r0.aarch64.rpm ) to qemu and install the same . How ever when i
> try to execute the lxc command it shows the below error .
>
> lxc-config: error while loading shared libraries: libseccomp.so.0: cannot
>
> I understand that LXC needs certain libraries to execute but i would like to
> know what is the default way to add it in my fsl-virt image instead of
> having to manually copy all the dependencies.
> I would like to bring up the qemu and then directly be able to install and
> use the lxc.

Ideally you would include LXC in your rootfs image via IMAGE_INSTALL
or similar but you are indicating in the way you are asking your
question that this is not the desired process for your circumstance.
Since you have network connectivity you can setup the resulting RPMs
in a package feed and then install the LXC package in the same way you
would do an 'apt install XXX' on a Ubuntu machine. This will pull in
all the required packages as well as LXC. LXC has a lot of
dependencies, you can examine them via 'rpm -qRp
tmp/deploy/rpm/core2_64/lxc-3.0.1-r0.core2_64.rpm'.

Mark