[meta-virtualization] I am missing some docker dependencies.

Peter Spierenburg peter.spierenburg at nautel.com
Thu Feb 9 17:34:39 PST 2017

I think my kernel is missing some modules or features needed by docker. I'm posting this here in the hope that someone might have some insight.

root at qemuarm:~# docker daemon
INFO[0001] API listen on /var/run/docker.sock
ERRO[0001] Failed to built-in GetDriver graph btrfs /var/lib/docker
ERRO[0001] Failed to built-in GetDriver graph devicemapper /var/lib/docker
ERRO[0001] 'overlay' not found as a supported filesystem on this host. Please ensure kernel is new enough and has overlay support loaded.
WARN[0001] Running modprobe bridge br_netfilter failed with message: modprobe: module br_netfilter not found in modules.dep
, error: exit status 1
FATA[0004] Error starting daemon: Error initializing network controller: error obtaining controller instance: Failed to create NAT chain: iptables failed: iptables --wait -t nat -N DOCKER: iptables v1.6.0: can't initialize iptables table `nat': Table does not exist (do you need to insmod?)
Perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to be upgraded.
 (exit status 3)