[meta-virtualization] I am missing some docker dependencies.

Fri Feb 10 07:33:41 PST 2017

On Thu, Feb 9, 2017 at 8:34 PM, Peter Spierenburg
<peter.spierenburg at nautel.com> wrote:
> I think my kernel is missing some modules or features needed by docker. I'm
> posting this here in the hope that someone might have some insight.

Yes, running Docker requires additional configs, as you suspect.
meta-virtualization will get you all the required recipes but not
necessarily all the configuration required to run docker. Those are
usually found in higher order layers such as meta-overc and
meta-cloud-services. We have talked about making a docker, using
something like a (sub)layer, in meta-virtualization for folks asking
for basically the same thing as you. We haven't had time to do this
yet.

Attached is a layer I created mid-2016 which should get you going. I
haven't used it in months so no guaranties but it should avoid you
having to start from scratch.

Mark