[meta-ti] which kernel for pandaboard?

Nicolas Dechesne ndec13 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 08:52:32 PST 2012

hi,

On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 3:02 PM, Cliff Brake <cliff.brake at gmail.com> wrote:

> [    0.000000] OMAP4430 ES2.0
> [    2.950775] asoc: omap-hdmi-hifi <-> omap-hdmi-audio-dai mapping ok
> [    2.958465] u32 classifier
> [    2.961364]     Actions configured
> [    2.965332] TCP: cubic registered
> [    2.969390] NET: Registered protocol family 10
> [    2.974975] NET: Registered protocol family 17
> [    2.979858] lib80211: common routines for IEEE802.11 drivers
> [    2.986053] Registering the dns_resolver key type
> [    2.991271] VFP support v0.3: implementor 41 architecture 3 part 30
> variant 9 rev 1
> [    2.999572] ThumbEE CPU extension supported.
> [    3.004211] Registering SWP/SWPB emulation handler
>
> (stops here)
>
> As mentioned before, mainline kernels boot fine on this board, so it
> appears the meta-ti kernel has problems with at least some non-ES
> Panda boards.
>
> Enrico, can you send me a complete boot log from your system?  Perhaps
> if I can see which drivers are being initialized after the above
> message, then we can more easily narrow it down.
>
> Also, do you have the display working on your system?  If so, did you
> have to add any special kernel command line args to select the display
> format, etc?

sorry to jump in late... and I just noticed that you are using ES2.0
revision of 4430 (I didn't notice that so far).

i can confirm that we have problems on old ES for 4430, in fact that kernel
seems to be working on ES2.2+.

we don't have the root cause for that, so anything that you can find would
certainly be helpful.