[meta-ti] which kernel for pandaboard?

Cliff Brake cliff.brake at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 06:02:13 PST 2012

On Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 7:06 AM, Enrico <ebutera at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 8:34 PM, Cliff Brake <cliff.brake at gmail.com> wrote:
>> copying mail list ...

>>> I don't get to a log-in prompt:
>
> From the boot log you attached it seems that the kernel hanged far
> before the login prompt.
>
> I can send you an uImage i'm using with a similar setup to test, the
> only difference i can see is that i have a pandabord ES.

Enrico sent me a uImage which I tried and it does the same thing:

[    0.000000] OMAP4430 ES2.0
[    2.950775] asoc: omap-hdmi-hifi <-> omap-hdmi-audio-dai mapping ok
[    2.958465] u32 classifier
[    2.961364]     Actions configured
[    2.965332] TCP: cubic registered
[    2.969390] NET: Registered protocol family 10
[    2.974975] NET: Registered protocol family 17
[    2.979858] lib80211: common routines for IEEE802.11 drivers
[    2.986053] Registering the dns_resolver key type
[    2.991271] VFP support v0.3: implementor 41 architecture 3 part 30
variant 9 rev 1
[    2.999572] ThumbEE CPU extension supported.
[    3.004211] Registering SWP/SWPB emulation handler

(stops here)

As mentioned before, mainline kernels boot fine on this board, so it
appears the meta-ti kernel has problems with at least some non-ES
Panda boards.

Enrico, can you send me a complete boot log from your system?  Perhaps
if I can see which drivers are being initialized after the above
message, then we can more easily narrow it down.

Also, do you have the display working on your system?  If so, did you
have to add any special kernel command line args to select the display
format, etc?

Thanks,
Cliff