[meta-intel] Unable to install the image on the hard disk

Mohammad, Jamal M MohammadJamal.Mohiuddin at ncr.com
Tue Mar 27 23:03:45 PDT 2018

Hi Guys,

1.      Created an minimal yocto image using "bitbake core-image-minimal" command

  1.  Flashed the USB using the dd command.
sudo dd if=tmp/deploy/images/intel-corei7-64/core-image-minimal-intel-corei7-64.hddimg of=/dev/sdb

3.      Clicked on install and typed "sda"

4.      The installation was successful and when I tried to restart by removing the USB Drive, it says "No boot options found. Please install bootable media and restart."

What is the mistake I am doing here.

If I boot from USB, it works and there is no issue, I am able to login into the system. Also after flashing I checked the sda1 sda2 with bootable USB, sda1 has boot partition and sda2 has root partition..

I am trying this on Braswell based board ( Intel Celeron N3160 )

Thanks and Regards,
Jamal