[meta-intel] swupdate yocto

Mohammad, Jamal M MohammadJamal.Mohiuddin at ncr.com
Mon Apr 2 02:56:16 PDT 2018

Hi,

I cloned the master branch of poky, meta-intel and meta-swupdate and then I added both layers to bblayers.conf file

When I run "bitbake swupdate-image", I get the following error:

ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'u-boot-fw-utils' (but /home/jamal/Yocto/poky/meta-swupdate/recipes-support/swupdate/swupdate_2018.03.bb DEPENDS on or otherwise requires it)
u-boot-fw-utils was skipped: Either UBOOT_MACHINE or UBOOT_CONFIG must be set in the intel-corei7-64 machine configuration.
NOTE: Runtime target 'swupdate-www' is unbuildable, removing...
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['swupdate-www', 'u-boot-fw-utils']
ERROR: Required build target 'swupdate-image' has no buildable providers.
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['swupdate-image', 'swupdate-www', 'u-boot-fw-utils']

As, it is Intel board, the bootloader should not be uboot, so why it is throwing that error. I am just a beginner in Yocto.. Forgive me if I made a small mistake. Did anyone have steps of how to get started for swupdate on Intel Yocto.

Thanks and Regards,
Mohammad Jamal,
NCR Corporation