[meta-intel] meta-haswell-wc BSP layer retirement communication

Ng, Mei Yeen mei.yeen.ng at intel.com
Mon Jul 18 22:02:23 PDT 2016

Dear mailing-list,

We are planning to retire meta-haswell-wc BSP layer from meta-intel master branch and this change is targeted for the upcoming Yocto Project 2.2.

This layer is retired in future YP releases in support of BSP consolidation of all intel platforms to intel common machine (intel-corei7-64 and intel-core2-32)

If you have a concern on this proposal, please let us know.
If we do hear any response from mailing-list, we will remove meta-haswell-wc BSP from meta-intel master branch starting from 3rd August 2016.

Thank you.
Ng Mei Yeen
Intel Corporation