[meta-intel] meta-valleyisland BSP layer retirement communication

Ng, Mei Yeen mei.yeen.ng at intel.com
Mon Jul 18 19:36:14 PDT 2016

Dear mailing-list,

We are planning to retire meta-valleyisland BSP layer from meta-intel master branch and this change is targeted for the upcoming Yocto Project 2.2.

This layer is retired in future YP releases because there are no immediate requirements for support in newer LTSI kernel.

The meta-valleyisland BSP layer will continue to be maintained in Yocto Project for:
Yocto Project v2.0 (Jethro) https://www.yoctoproject.org/downloads/bsps/jethro20/valley-island

If you have a concern on this proposal, please let us know.
If we do not hear any response from mailing-list, we will remove meta-valleyisland BSP from meta-intel master branch start from 3rd August 2016.

Thank you.
Ng Mei Yeen
Intel Corporation