[meta-intel] Intel Atom E3845: Kernel recipe problems

Prasant J pj0585 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 22:13:01 PST 2016

Hi,

I'm putting together my own yocto layer or the Intel Atom Board.

I have a custom kernel recipe that pulls kernel code from my server
and builds it. I'm able to build the kernel, but I'm facing one
problem.

My problem:
After kernel build is complete and do_install is being executed, the
kernel source is copied to ${D}/usr/src/kernel. Apert from source
code, even build directories like, image, package, packages-split,
deploy-rpms, pkgdata, etc also get copied to ${D}/usr/src/kernel
directory.

I currently work around this problem by deleting the unwanted dirs in
do_install_append() function in my recipe.

The unnecessary copying increases the build time of the recipe.

How can I avoid this?

I'm using poky and meta-intel dizzy release as my hardware vendor
supports those releases only.

Any inputs will be of help!

Regards, Pj