[meta-intel] Atom E3845: Can GRUB use the kernel on the root file system partition?

Prasant J pj0585 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 05:37:32 PDT 2015

Hi,

I'm using Atom E3845 based hardware and I'm using valleyisland-32 image.

My installation partitions are as follows:
Partition 1: FAT32 -> GRUB + vmlinuz (kernel) + some other configurations
Partition 2: EXT4 -> Root File System (also contains the kernel -> bzImage)

Is it possible that GRUB uses kernel on the root file system (bzImage) on
Partition 2 instead of the kernel (vmlinuz) on Partition 1?

This will be very helpful to us as it will make the system design
consistent with our other linux systems and we can use our tools (system
utility tools developed by us) without any modification.

Thanks in advance!

Regards, Pj