[meta-intel] Current GStreamer base and VAAPI libraries in poky + meta-intel unable to support HEVC/H265 decoding due to outdated version ?

Jussi Kukkonen jussi.kukkonen at intel.com
Mon Sep 14 01:04:38 PDT 2015

On 14 September 2015 at 10:45, Ahmad, Mohd Azril <mohd.azril.ahmad at intel.com
> wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> I’m currently testing the HEVC/H265 decoding by using the GStreamer-VAAPI
> and from the latest master commit that I’ve pulled (from poky and
> meta-intel), it seems that these two layers still contained the old version
> of the video stack where I do tried on H265 decoding (with VAAPI) and seems
> that it doesn’t work on my side (I guess is not supported)  :
>

> GStreamer 1.4.5
>
> GStreamer-plugins-base 1.4.5
>
> GStreamer-plugins-<good/bad/ugly> 1.4.5
>
> GStreamer-VAAPI 0.5.10
>
> libVA 1.5.0
>
> Intel-VA-driver 1.5.0
>

> I’m wondering whether is there any plan/direction for poky and meta-intel
> to move to the latest version of video stack so that the new video’s
> feature can be supported ?

GStreamer 1.5.x is the development/unstable version and those are typically
not used in oe-core / yocto: The stable 1.6 should be released Any Day Now
though.

It's very unlikely that GStreamer 1.6 will make it to the Yocto 2.0 release
but it should appear in poky master at some point in the next cycle.

HTH,
 Jussi