[meta-intel] Current GStreamer base and VAAPI libraries in poky + meta-intel unable to support HEVC/H265 decoding due to outdated version ?

Ahmad, Mohd Azril mohd.azril.ahmad at intel.com
Mon Sep 14 00:45:27 PDT 2015

Hi all,

I'm currently testing the HEVC/H265 decoding by using the GStreamer-VAAPI and from the latest master commit that I've pulled (from poky and meta-intel), it seems that these two layers still contained the old version of the video stack where I do tried on H265 decoding (with VAAPI) and seems that it doesn't work on my side (I guess is not supported)  :

GStreamer 1.4.5
GStreamer-plugins-base 1.4.5
GStreamer-plugins-<good/bad/ugly> 1.4.5
GStreamer-VAAPI 0.5.10
libVA 1.5.0
Intel-VA-driver 1.5.0

I'm wondering whether is there any plan/direction for poky and meta-intel to move to the latest version of video stack so that the new video's feature can be supported ?

Anyway, I have this tested manually (custom recipes) where HEVC/H265 is working with VAAPI acceleration under these environment :

GStreamer 1.5.2
GStreamer-plugins-base 1.5.2
GStreamer-plugins-<good/bad/ugly> 1.5.2
GStreamer-VAAPI 0.6.0