[meta-intel] GStreamer 1.0 and VAAPI

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Thu Jan 8 06:07:55 PST 2015

On 7 January 2015 at 17:43, Chris Tapp <opensource at keylevel.com> wrote:

> Ignore gst-va-intel, all you need is gstreamer-vaapi-1.0 to get GStreamer
> 1.0 to do VAAPI.
>

> Thanks. What about va-intel and libva-intel-driver - looks like I need
> these?

Erm, yeah, libva-intel-driver might be useful if you want it to actually
work, I should have mentioned that!

> That said 1.0 and 0.10 shouldn't be conflicting, what were the errors?
>

> I don't have the exact message to hand at the moment, but it was something
> to do with 0.10 shared libs being installed with the same name as the
> corresponding 1.0 libs. The 0.10 then took precedence as they were
> installed later.
>
> 0.10 was pulled in due to some RDEPENDS in gst-va-intel (e.g. for
> gst-plugins-good-isomp4, which is 0.10 specific).

Ah right, that's the problem where private libraries in different
directories with the same basename get confused for the same library.
Known problem and I thought there was a workaround.  I'll dig.

For what it's worth I plan on getting the va metapackages removed from
meta-intel now as they're pointless - they were created to abstract the
choice between EMGD and gst-vaapi but EMGD doesn't exist in meta-intel any
more.

Ross