[meta-intel] GStreamer 1.0 and VAAPI

Chris Tapp opensource at keylevel.com
Wed Jan 7 09:43:40 PST 2015

Hi Ross,

On 7 Jan 2015, at 12:02, Burton, Ross <ross.burton at intel.com> wrote:

> On 2 January 2015 at 22:35, Chris Tapp <opensource at keylevel.com> wrote:
> As I'm using GStreamer 1.0, I'm pulling gstreamer-vaapi-1.0 in to my image. How does gst-va-intel relate to this? I've tried adding this to my image as well, but that results in GStreamer 0.10 being pulled in, resulting in installation conflicts with the 1.0 libraries.
>
> Ignore gst-va-intel, all you need is gstreamer-vaapi-1.0 to get GStreamer 1.0 to do VAAPI.

Thanks. What about va-intel and libva-intel-driver - looks like I need these?

> That said 1.0 and 0.10 shouldn't be conflicting, what were the errors?

I don't have the exact message to hand at the moment, but it was something to do with 0.10 shared libs being installed with the same name as the corresponding 1.0 libs. The 0.10 then took precedence as they were installed later.

0.10 was pulled in due to some RDEPENDS in gst-va-intel (e.g. for gst-plugins-good-isomp4, which is 0.10 specific).

--

Chris Tapp
opensource at keylevel.com
www.keylevel.com

----
You can tell you're getting older when your car insurance gets real cheap!