[meta-intel] Intel Atom E3845: Backlight control

Prasant J pj0585 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 20:32:55 PST 2015

On Thu, Nov 26, 2015 at 5:14 PM, Adebisi, YetundeX <
yetundex.adebisi at intel.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> If  the i915 driver is being used then the sysfs option should be
> /sys/class/backlight/intel_backlight/brightness. If the intel_backlight
> path is not present, then the best thing is to enable debug by adding drm.debug
> =0xe to the kernel command line as Vincent suggested to see what is going
> on.
>

> Regards,
>

> Yetunde

Hi Rebecca, Vincent, Yetunde,

Thanks for your inputs on my query & sorry for my late response.

I got in touch with my hardware vendor on this topic and it turns out that
I have not installed certain kernel modules that they provide. Those
modules provide back light control.

Thanks once again!

Regards, Pj