[meta-intel] Packages needed for gstreamer h264 libva encoding

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Mon Oct 20 08:30:54 PDT 2014

On 20 October 2014 16:25, Volker Vogelhuber
<v.vogelhuber at digitalendoscopy.de> wrote:
> Currently I added gstreamer1.0, gstreamer-vaapi-1.0 and libva-intel-driver
> to the image recipe, but it does not seem to add any h264 encoder at all.

The decoder is in your hardware, so there's nothing to install.
You'll probably want to install the full set of GStreamer elements
(the gstreamer -meta packages depend on all of them for convenience)
so you don't have problems with container decoding, but the playbin
element should automatically do hardware-assisted decoding and colour
space conversion if the VA pieces are all installed.

Ross