[meta-intel] BSP retirements from meta-intel layer

Chris Tapp opensource at keylevel.com
Thu Mar 13 16:55:32 PDT 2014

Following on from the "chiefriver BSP retirement thread", what is the general policy for BSP life-cycles within meta-intel?

For example, we committed to using the Cedartrail BSP a couple of years back as if offered support for what was then a new platform with a reasonable forward buy-time. However, support for that has been dropped even though boards are still available using the chipset (e.g. ASRock DN2800MT) and these are going to be available for a few years yet.

From our point of view it is a pity not to be able to make use of the improvements and enhancements that have gone into later Yocto versions, especially as we're continually updating our software.

Chris Tapp

opensource at keylevel.com
www.keylevel.com