[meta-intel] File missing in corei7 bsp

Darren Hart dvhart at linux.intel.com
Tue Mar 11 09:54:42 PDT 2014

On 3/11/14, 4:15, "Paul Eggleton" <paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com> wrote:

>Hi Teemu,
>
>On Tuesday 11 March 2014 08:09:43 Keskinarkaus, Teemu wrote:
>> I'm trying to use dvhart/bsp-ng to compile image for BayTrail (E3826),
>>but I
>> got this error:
>>
>> ParseError: ParseError at
>>
>>/mnt/teemu/proj/poky/../meta-intel-contrib/conf/machine/include/intel-cor
>>ei
>> 7-64-common.inc:6: Could not include required file
>> conf/machine/include/tune-corei7.inc
>>
>> There are no tune-files at all in meta-intel-contrib or in meta-intel.
>>
>> What am I missing or is that file missing from git-repo?
>
>I think you have a case of mismatching branches here;
>conf/machine/include/tune-corei7.inc is part of the master branch of
>OE-Core
>(and therefore also Poky). You won't be able to use a BSP that relies
>upon it
>with earlier stable branches, unless you also add the tune files -
>Darren, is
>this supported?

Thanks Paul,

You are correct. dvhart/bsp-ng requires the master branch of oe-core or
poky. The first Yocto Project release to support the new BSPs will be 1.6
this spring.

Teemu, do you have a specific version of poky you *need* to use for other
versions? If so, the backport of the tune files shouldn't be overly
complicated, but there work that would need to be done there.

Also note, The intel-corei7-64 bits from dvhart/bsp-ng are now (as of last
night) merged into meta-intel/master.

Thanks,

--
Darren Hart