[meta-intel] CrownBay EMGD Performance for 1.4.2 in Rotation

Kamble, Nitin A nitin.a.kamble at intel.com
Wed Jan 22 14:27:25 PST 2014

On 1/22/2014 9:22 AM, Chad Bishop wrote:
> Hello meta-intel Team,
>
> I am writing to inquire about any known performance deficiencies when running with EMGD configured to rotate 90 degrees into portrait mode.
>
> We have been (still) unable to rotate dynamically with xrandr and are thus configuring this statically at boot time with the xorg.conf.
Hi Chad,
    It is interesting to see this data. On the last thread we talked
about trying with xrandr 1.2. How did that experiment go?

> With a non-compositing window manager we see the following average frame rates at 1024x768 :
>
> Yocto - Landscape : 31.35
> Yocto - Portrait : 16.35
>
> I hate to draw comparisons, but our application (Qt 4.8.5 based) running in WES7 on the same hardware (Kontron COMe-mTT10) sees the following FPS impacts :
>
> Windows - Landscape : 20.5
> Windows - Portrait : 20.4
And what graphics driver are you using here?

> While this isn't blazing, it is steady and acceptable to the user.
>
> It is a rather simple OpenGL scene.  We are using OpenGL and not OpenGL ES at the moment.
>
> Thank you for your consideration of this question.
I would like to see a resolution to this issue. I am currently swamped
with more important tasks here, it may take a while for me to get onto
this issue.  If you could get some information for the rotation and
frame-rate data with the xrandr 1.2 that would speed things up.

Thanks,
Nitin