[meta-intel] [fri2] A lot of garbage over serial

Darren Hart dvhart at linux.intel.com
Mon Jan 6 13:07:40 PST 2014

On Thu, 2013-12-05 at 12:50 +0200, Andrei Gherzan wrote:
> I have a very annoying problem with serial communication on my fri2
> board. When plugging in the board the first boot gets a lot of garbage
> over serial (it even boots in grub without timeout or inputs
> user/password). After a couple of resets things get back to normal. If
> I unplug the board the behavior is reproducible.
>

> Any hints? Anybody seeing this too?

I have seen this and we were pursuing a possible problem with
transmission error due to rounding errors inherent in the BAUD
calculation with respect to the UART_CLOCK, but even at 115200 the error
isn't sufficient to cause this.

I only see it occasionally, and it seems to vary by device.

Sorry, I don't have a better answer for you.

--
Darren Hart
Intel Open Source Technology Center