[meta-intel] using syslinux serial console with EG20T (crownbay)

Darren Hart dvhart at linux.intel.com
Mon Jan 6 13:05:51 PST 2014

On Thu, 2013-12-05 at 08:26 -0200, João Henrique Freitas wrote:
> Hi,
>

> What is the status of syslinux bootloader when serial console is setup
> to use PCH uart ?
>

> I think there are some special config like the address of serial port
> and the correct baud rate.
> If the serial console was configured, the syslinux should work?
>

> Or syslinux need to be patched to work with PCH uart when using
> EG20T ?
>

> Currently I am using the crownbay platform.

For syslinux, the easiest way is to determine the UART_CLOCK for your
device (determined in part by firmware), how it relates to the default
1.8...MHz, and apply the divisor tot he BAUD used by syslinux.

On the FRI2, we do this for a 64MHz UART_CLOCK to PCH_UART1 at 0xb060:

SYSLINUX_OPTS = "serial 0xb060 3318"

--
Darren Hart
Intel Open Source Technology Center