[meta-intel] J1900 (Bay trail) BSP

Ong, Boon Leong boon.leong.ong at intel.com
Mon Apr 28 13:46:12 PDT 2014

> > Bay Trail BSP is now named, meta-valleyisland. It is in meta-intel/meta-isg.
> Please do checkout Dora branch as it is not available in master branch.
>
> I should have asked the other day if there are plans for meta-valleyisland to
> be added to Daisy and future versions?

We plan to support BYT for daisy on Linux v3.10 LTSI/LTS. We are currently
up-streaming BYT related kernel drivers (with PCI enumeration support).
So, it is anticipated that the next LTS/LTSI to be announced by Aug/Sept time-frame
should carry with it all the kernel drivers for BYT.  Knowing that future YP releases will always
have a version of Linux LTS/LTSI, so from our perspective, the kernel drivers should just work onwards.

Please DO anticipate that in future, we are likely to drop validating BYT platform after some
version of Linux LTSI and switch focus on next platform. So, if you need to ensure
your product that to continue to work on future releases of Linux, you can
either maintain it yourself or engage OSVs such as Wind River which has extended support.