[meta-intel] Valleyisland graphics in Dora

Keskinarkaus, Teemu Teemu.Keskinarkaus at Maximatecc.com
Fri Apr 4 02:21:57 PDT 2014

Hi,

I can confirm this that it works. I had too old kernel version in my system. I updated it to 3.10.35(including the git hashes) and now the accelerated graphics works and I don't have that error anymore that I had before and also Intel-driver works on Xorg.

This brings me to another problem I encountered while updating the meta-intel.

We are using rt-kernel in our product and it seems that valleyisland - layer has only support for normal kernel. Is the rt-kernel support coming or should I switch to master-version to get that?

I tried updating my rt-kernel recipes to be used with new kernel version and valleyisland, but even though I changed the KBRANCH to "standard/preempt-rt/base" and updated the git hashes the compilation fails. It seems that the configuration of the kernel doesn't go properly and valleyisland-32 - kernel is configured for 64-bit etc.  I'm guessing that the kernel is missing the support for valleyisland-32?

One other thing regarding the configurations too. I'm not sure  if this is more of generic poky stuff or meta-intel, but feel free to answer if you wish. How is the kernel configuration going now? I mean I have those pieces of configuration files that has one or more config-options (Like CONFIG_IGB=y) and then I define them in recipe as SRC_URI and they 'just work'. That works when needing to add something, but how do I remove some configurations that I don't need/want? Ie. which is the proper way to do this? I couldn't find any proper documentation of this or I've missed something.

Teemu Keskinarkaus
Software system engineer

maximatecc - Humans in control