[meta-intel] EMGD v1.18 on crownbay for Dora branch vs. Yocto 1.5 tag

Chad Bishop Chad.Bishop at ravenind.com
Wed Nov 6 17:02:19 PST 2013

Hello meta-intel team,

To the best of my ability to discern, I have determined that the release tagged as yocto-1.5 supports EMGD v1.18 for crownbay on kernel 3.8 while the no-emgd option would be supported on kernel version 3.10.

I see that Mr. Zanussi had pulled in Mr. Kamble's changes to update the kernel for EMGD on crownbay to kernel version 3.10 shortly thereafter.  I see those changes reflected on the dora.

So, I apologize in advance for this, but I have to ask this question in such a way that the answer will satisfy a manager.

Does the meta-intel team consider the combination of yocto 1.5, and the meta-intel dora branch to be 'released' (read supported) for emgd v1.18 and the 3.10 kernel?

>From the meta-intel perspective, would we be better off waiting for a tagged point release like 1.5.1?

I apologize for the simple minded non-dev related questions.

Thank you for your time,
Chad Bishop

This message and attachment(s) may contain confidential and/or
privileged information.  Access, disclosure, copying,
distribution
or reliance on any content of this message by anyone other than
the addressee is prohibited.  If received in error, please advise
the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message.