[meta-intel] Stable patches

Darren Hart dvhart at linux.intel.com
Wed Dec 5 20:08:03 PST 2012

On 12/05/2012 06:44 PM, Tom Zanussi wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-12-05 at 18:40 -0800, Darren Hart wrote:
>> I'm planning on merging the README changes to the fri2 just made to
>> master back to danny. Any objections?
>>
>> Have we established a policy for doing this? Should I be pushing to
>> danny-next instead?
>>

> Yeah, it should be danny-next.  Actually, I'd like to get rid of
> danny-next and just use danny, but haven't done that because autobuilder
> needs danny.
>
> Should we just create a danny tag on master at the danny commit (or
> should it be danny-8.0 or v1.3?), and make danny-next danny now?  It
> would make life easier for everyone I think.

My preference would be to tag v1.3 (should appear in master and danny if
we did things right) and then make move danny-next to danny. We just
need to make sure Beth is ready.

Looking at the tagging in poky, I can't make out what the policy is.
There is "1.3" and "denzil-7.0" but no "danny" anything. I guess we'll have
to ask RP what the policy is and make sure Beth is ready for us to apply
this to meta-intel. I'll send an email and ask.

--
Darren Hart
Intel Open Source Technology Center