[meta-freescale] Configuring WRIOP on LS1088ARDB

john matt john.matt2022 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 14:38:46 PST 2019

Hi All,

I am new to the networking using WRIOP on LS1088. I have successfully
compiled the Yocto project, and I was able to boot my LS1088ARDB using the
latest distro (Yocto 2.5) .

I do have a basic question regarding the WRIOP on LS1088ARDB.

Basically, I am trying to write the packets coming from the ingress flow to
a DDR memory of LS1088ARDB, and I want to read those packets from an
application.

I know there are multiple ways of achieving this, and so far the knowledge
that we gathered says that we can configure the WRIOP to write the packets
to DDR.
However, so far I failed to locate an instruction that tells me exactly how
to configure the WRIOP to write the packets to DDR?  I know WRIOP has its
internal buffer management (QMan, BMan), but I want to just write the
packets from ingress flow to DDR, and read them back with our without Qman.

Thanks,
John.