[meta-freescale] linux-fslc-lts-4.19

Andy Pont andy.pont at sdcsystems.com
Thu Aug 29 01:38:27 PDT 2019

Andreas wrote...

>FWIW - We use linux-fscl-lts for our products. That*s why I introduced
>linux-fscl-lts. It is on variscite-som imx6 and am VERY happy about it
>since using un-tailored sources (have to admit that our images do not
>contain much of multimedia but that is not the focus of energy meter
>devices exactly...). Starts that I can have X AND wayland in same
>image / our Qt/QML applications perform at least as good with vivante.
>And Qt/X11 updates do not cause pain anymore (not matching headers /
>API changes).
The more I read on this and the more answers come in from people the
more confused I am making myself. Let me explain the background to what
I am trying to do to see if someone can give me an idiots guide!

I am using the i.MX6Q SABRE SDP as an evaluation platform prior to
custom hardware being designed.  The front end is based on Cog and WPE
Webkit using the i.MX6 wpebackend-rdk which, as I understand it, runs
directly on top of the framebuffer but needs the GPU drivers.  We think
that is the best implementation as it means we can dispense with all the
overhead of X11, Wayland and Qt.

In my current build I have the following set in local.conf:

MACHINE = “imx6qdlsabresd”
DISTRO = "fslc-framebuffer”

IMAGE_INSTALL_append then includes (amongst other things):
packagegroup-fsl-tools-gpu gstreamer1.0-plugins-imx
gstreamer1.0-plugins-imx-meta based on (a probable misinterpretation) of
the information that I got from [1].

Am I using the right setting for DISTRO?  Is there a difference between
using fsl-framebuffer and fslc-framebuffer?  Should it just be the
regular Poky?

-Andy.

[1] https://github.com/Igalia/meta-webkit/wiki/i.MX6