[meta-freescale] custom image_types bbclass approach and errors

Otavio Salvador otavio.salvador at ossystems.com.br
Sun Nov 18 13:12:42 PST 2018

On Tue, Nov 13, 2018 at 6:51 PM Bryan Fishell <bryan.fishell at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am relatively new to Yocto, but have a need to create a custom image_types_x.bbclass extending the image_types_fsl.bbclass that simply adds two ext4 partitions of size PARTITION_SIZE to the end of an .sdcard image.
>
> The approach I took - created an entirely new image_types_mycustom.bbclass based on the image_types_fsl.bbclass, and overrode the creation of the .sdcard file into a file called .mysdcard.

This is the wrong approach, instead, make use of 'wic' to generate the
disk image for you to use.

For an example of how to make multiple partitions, for i.MX machines,
look at https://github.com/UpdateHub/meta-updatehub-freescale/tree/master/wic

Mobile: +55 (53) 9 9981-7854          Mobile: +1 (347) 903-9750