[meta-freescale] pyro branch mfgtool kernel and initramfs build fails

Marc Ferland marc.ferland at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 18:05:27 PDT 2018

On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 5:41 PM, Sergeant Peppercorn
<speppercorn109 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Marc, Thank you very much for the response. This got me much further running 'bitbake -c menuconfig mfgtool-linux-imx' until this happened:
> WARNING: mfgtool-linux-imx-4.1.15-r0 do_fetch: Failed to fetch URL file://defconfig, attempting MIRRORS if available
> ERROR: mfgtool-linux-imx-4.1.15-r0 do_fetch: Fetcher failure: Unable to find file file://defconfig anywhere. The paths that were searched were:
> ... (all directories under source/meta-freescale/recipes-kernel/... )
>
> Can it be that that prefix is in fact needed? What else could be the problem? I can't get an initramfs or mfgtool kernel built for 4.1.15 with any method so far! TIA.

I see.

bitbake complains because it cannot find the defconfig file. Try
creating a directory named linux-imx-mfgtool (or maybe
mfgtool-linux-imx?) and placing a copy of
recipes-kernel/linux/linux-imx-4.1.15/imx/defconfig in it... that
might solve your problem.

Good luck!

Marc