[meta-freescale] Edimax EW7811un + imx6dlsabresd + Krogoth

Bas Mevissen abuse at basmevissen.nl
Tue Jun 19 01:49:49 PDT 2018

On 2018-06-19 10:16, Mauro Ziliani wrote:

Please don't top post. I reordered the message to keep it readable.

> Il 18/06/2018 17:07, Bas Mevissen ha scritto:
>> On 2018-06-18 14:41, Mauro Ziliani wrote:
>>> Hi all.
>>>

>>> Anyone has experience with wifi dongle, imx6dlsabresd on kernel
>>> linux-imx 4.1.15?
>>>

>> Not specifically this one, but on an RTL8812AU based wifi dongle on
>> the same kernel for i.mx 6sx. That went pretty well.
>>
>> What is your problem? It is used a lot in the rPi world.
>>

> Thanks for the answer.
>
> My dongle is based on RTL8192CU.
>
> All works fine, but after a small time of inactivity, it's like the
> dongle go to sleep, but this is not true.

Some things I can think of:

- Is the 5V still there after a few minutes of inactivity?
- Check the settings for usb autosuspend in /sys
- Does the wifi dongle stay connected to the wifi AP?

> Example
>
> Time0: I try to upload a file into the board with scp
>
>   scp muapp root at board:/home/root
>
> and the file is uploaded
>

> Time1 (after some mintues): I retry the upload, but the scp doens't
> start the transfer
>
> So I go to the board and looking into dmesg I don't see anything about
> the dongle.
>
> I make a ping on from the board to the host and scp restart.

If you let it ping all the time, does it also appear to sleep?

> In another cases I need to restart command.

You could try the exact same driver code on an Intel PC. That gives some
hint on whether this is something on the i.MX platform/kernel or on the
driver/hardware. Depending on the outcome, try with a different driver
(for rtl8812au I know there are a few). You might compare the /sys
settings as well.

-- bas