[meta-freescale] Configuring UART on SabreSD Board

Subin Sebastian subinsebastien at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 08:49:25 PDT 2018

Hi All,

I'm working with iMX6 based Sabre SD board for my project. Details are
available here : Link
<https://www.nxp.com/support/developer-resources/hardware-development-tools/sabre-development-system/sabre-platform-for-smart-devices-based-on-the-i.mx-6-series:RDIMX6SABREPLAT>

I'm using Yocto to build Linux for this board. I have not done any
customization as such to the build process. Just added meta-freescale
layer, and started building images using bitbake without trouble.

Now, the board has two UARTs out of which, one used for debugging, which is
detected by the Linux and is working fine, as I'm able to communicate with
the board just fine.

There is a GPS chip on this board, and it looks like that, it is also on
UART. But this UART is not detected by Linux, as I can't find a
corresponding device node in /dev. (I'm not really concerned about the GPS
itself, as I will be breaking out these lines anyway, and will be using the
UART for another purpos).

It appears to me that the device tree file probably don't have the
information about this channel, and might need customization to go ahead.

Can someone give me some pointers on how to go about this problem?

Thanks in Advance.

PS:- First forum post. Let me know if this is not the right place to post
such a question.
--
Subin Sebastian
http://xtel.in