[meta-freescale] How to add the standard library to arm-fslc-linux-gnueabi-gcc in yocto meta-toolchain fatal error: stdio.h: No such file or directory

Mattis Asp mattis.asp at glucoset.com
Wed Apr 11 07:19:34 PDT 2018

Just posted the question here
<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/49777448/how-to-add-the-standard-library-to-arm-fslc-linux-gnueabi-gcc-in-yocto-meta-tool>.
It's better formatting.

**Question**: How to add the standard library to arm-fslc-linux-gnueabi-gcc

**Background**:
I just had bitbake compile the `meta-toolchain` in the Yocto project.
I then installed the resulting SDK-toolchain

> $
> ./build/tmp/deploy/sdk/
fslc-framebuffer-glibc-x86_64-meta-toolchain-armv7at2hf-neon-toolchain-2.4.2.sh

which then installed the SDK-toolchain in /opt/fslc-framebuffer/2.4.2/

I can then easily run the executable to source the correct environment
variables.

> $

./opt/fslc-framebuffer/2.4.2/environment-setup-armv7at2hf-neon-fslc-linux-gnueabi
I now have access to the cross-compiler arm-fslc-linux-gnueabi-gcc
**So far so good...**

I then downloaded the barebone SDK from NXP [here
<https://community.nxp.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/995668-1-423967/iMX6_Platform_SDK.zip>
]
It's a great piece of work, but it might be somewhat outdated. First unzip
the file, and then follow steps within the SDK readme.pdf.

Following readme.pdf i do the following: To build the SDK, use the
./tools/build_sdk command from the root folder. I get multiple error but
they are all related to the standard library such as:

    iMX6_Platform_SDK/sdk/drivers/accelerometer/src/mma8451.c:31:10: fatal
error: string.h: No such file or directory #include <string.h>
    iMX6_Platform_SDK/sdk/include/sdk.h:40:10: fatal error: stdio.h: No
such file or directory #include <stdio.h>

**So how do I solve this**? Do I cross compile the standard library or do I
get the binary some other place?

--
Mvh/Best regards
Mattis Spieler Asp