[meta-freescale] [question] What is the state of qt5 webengine html5 hw acceleration support?

Otavio Salvador otavio.salvador at ossystems.com.br
Tue Jan 17 09:05:57 PST 2017

Hello Glenn,

On Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 12:34 PM, Glenn R Heard Jr <grheard at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am currently working on a program to replace an aging multimedia system
> based on an OMAP2 to an NXP/Freescale i.MX6Q. I am excited by the
> possibility of dropping our old manual handling of video tags in the html
> for a more automated approach. I was disappointed in the NXP yocto package
> as it does not appear that Qt5 webengine and the i.MX6 work well together. I
> ran into problems getting it to render in both X11 and EGLFS. In googling
> for a solution, I found mention of this meta-freescale community. Before I
> spend a lot of time working on getting an fsl-community-bsp image put
> together with meta-qt5, I thought I might ask what the current state of
> support is for Qt's webengine and hardware acceleration?

There is no open source support for it; we, as O.S. Systems, does
provide a commercial bundle support to enable it for customers.

We use this in our O.S. Systems Showcase Demo[1] so you can try. If
you need more information please contact us directly since this is
off-topic here.

1. http://blink.ossystems.com.br/product/ossystems-showcase